IONICUBE is a 1-4 axis motherboard for IONI Servo Drives. IONICUBE provide four slots for IONI drives as well as terminals and connectors for motor power, feedback devices, I/O and SimpleMotion V2.
IONICUBE has been designed multiaxis robotic systems such as CNC machines in mind. On-board features include:
- Carry up to 4 ION drives
- On-board regenerative braking resistor
- Each axis can have mechanical end switches and homing switch
- Motor holding brake drivers for each axis
- The first 26 pin ribbon cable connector is laid out so that it’s directly connectible to traditional CNC controllers (parallel port, SmoothStepper etc).
- The second 26 pin connector has extra I/O for drives and analog setpoint inputs for custom applications
- No separate break-out-boards needed
- Charge-pump input for safety
- E-stop switch input (safe torque off)
- PWM to 0-10V converter for VFD spindle
- Two relay drivers
- ARGON Servo Drive compatible encoder connector pin-out
- RJ45 connectors for SimpleMotion V2 usage and configuration
- On-board 1.5A 5V regulator to power drive logic and feedback devices
Before purchase, take a look on full IONICUBE specifications on Wiki
Required and optional accessories
- One SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter is necessary for software based configuration of IONI. Also RJ45 Ethernet cable (not cross-linked type) is needed (not supplied by GD).
- 1-4 pcs of IONI drives